Monday, December 19, 2005

Class Over Folks!

Exams over but I'm not particularly thrilled as I hate parting ways with my classmates. I sure have some fond memories with this group and it's great to know that they are within 'reach' via just a click of an email. I even have a classmate all the way from Myanmar who invited me to visit him should I travel to the country. Nice fella, talented and driven, too. He's so young and he already has a Ph.D and a CPA and now he's running an Audit and Consultancy Services and a Management and Accountancy Training school. Imaging that.

It's also interesting to note the general make-up of participants in this course -- all of them seem to be doing well in their careers. Still, the great leveller would be that exam results. No one felt outwardly confident after the 2-hour paper was due. It was that tough -- and I'm still dripping ISO 9001:2000 clauses out of my ears as I'm typing this.

But what's done is done. We said our thanks and goodbyes and left the premise.

Dinner tonight was a packet of Nasi goreng kampung, pretty heavy. I'm supposed to abstain or reduce eating fried stuff but what an awful temptation that was. It required all my strength and will power to yield to it.

2 Comments:

At 12:26 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your One love One Life entry and your departure with your Myanmese friend make me recall the recent debate in spore - quiters or stayers. Being here we are conformed and subconsciously are being moulded INTO and BY the system.

Taxing to bitch abt it as leaving is easier said than done. Exploring the greener pasture and leaving behind the normalcy are the main deterrance. Having the pink IC by default does not give us any benefits except if you consider the nss or the ers. We will never own anything here. NEVER will, mortgage most probably but never come close to owning anything even if we are able to pay it in cold hard cash.

 
At 10:50 pm, Blogger Summersnail said...

Sammie thks for dropping by. My One Love One Life post is also more like an acceptance of my own shortcomings and the paralysis [issues] I encounter but dare not challenge due to my own weakness or the environment I'm in.

I hate it when jingoists out there start to categorise people who seek betterment abroad as quiters. You're partly right here, we don't even own our sense of loyalty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home