Monday, December 12, 2005

Fantastic Break and Canon in D

The time has come for me to leave the workplace -- for a week at least, because starting tomorrow I'm attending a course on ISO Lead Auditor and won't be back in the office till 20 Dec 2005. I've been mulling on this for quite a bit now and I certainly welcome the change of pace. Even though one has to take and pass the examination at the end of the course, in a twisted sense -- I still view this as a fantastic break. C'est la vie.

On a more niggling matter, I'm afraid I won't have the time to write something for the magazine. Much of this week has been originally planned for research but I've yet to propose a concrete story idea to the editor.

I've also started to learn Pachelbel's Canon in D on the guitar. I finally got the score I like from the Internet and I have decided to go for that rather than Beethoven's Fur Elise. These are indeed commonplace classical tunes but the guitar transcription evokes a different story, emotion and texture sound experience altogether. Having said all these, boy, my sight reading sure sucks!

2 Comments:

At 8:56 pm, Blogger Caris said...

hee hee i am still half way through with Fur Elise and also starting on canon in D =)

 
At 11:45 pm, Blogger Summersnail said...

i actually have learnt Fur Elise, but i didn't practice that often - so now the piece is like a stranger to me once again... i prefer Canon in D :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home