Friday, November 25, 2005

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night

I shan't blog details here. But he died in his sleep, that was what his sister told us when we were at the family's home.

It's been a long day for me. I reached my workplace before 11am just as I promised earlier on to my boss. I didn't feel like working at all, still, there were tasks silently screaming to be settled.

I checked my email to see if the training vendor had sent the programme outline I requested from yesterday. Nothing. What a bloody disappointment. All that talk on service blueprint and fail-safe your process and now this delay. That spurred me to call up their office and create mayhem. A few minutes later I got an apology and an assurance via SMS from the person-in-charge, who happened to be in India on a business trip!

Then I met some ex-colleagues after Friday prayers. Nothing changed these fellas. They may have put on a few kilos but their mannerisms remain constant all these years. I lingered for a good 20 minutes chatting. That was when it hit on me that friends whom I pressumed 'lost contact' are there all along and it was kind of sad that death provided us the chance to meet, even though for a moment.

No one was in the office -- as is always the case on Fridays. I took that opportunity to slump in my chair and rest for a while. The aquarium screensaver next to my cubicle gave a soothing water sound and I thought it finally made its kitschy existence useful.

Dylan Thomas' poem crept in mind as I try to catch a piece of illusive internal heaven.

3 Comments:

At 9:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sobering :|

 
At 7:44 pm, Blogger Summersnail said...

Dreamer... i was really down that day... lucky for me i met some familiar faces to share my thoughts.

 
At 2:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad for you... I wanted to ask but not sure if you prefer not to talk about it... we are often touched in different ways...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home