Monday, December 12, 2005

Pergi Mu Tuan...

I was re-reading Seamus Heaney's Beowulf when suddenly this pang of shame came to me. I've forgotten all about the man who was much closer to home than Heaney ever was with his masterful translation of the Anglo-Saxon epic tradition Beowulf.

Shame.

A night like this deserves a reading on one of Masuri's sublime poems.



Waktu Dipanggil

mengusik hati ni
boleh mungkinnya beralih
kehidupan dari dunia beralih
kehidupan dari dunia sini
ke dunia lain yang telah tertulis

bagaimana mahu menahu
masa muka yang bukan miliku
mementukan entah kapan
kau berangkat meninggalkan bumi
alam yang bakal tinggal di rumah

mengigat dan memikir
otakmu makin fakir
tak satu pun mungkin mencungkil
erti dari peralihan yang bakal menampil

begini saja - baik-baik kau di sini
sementara bernafas bertingkah diri;
waktu bila kau bakal dipanggil
nantikan saja dengan rasa diri kerdil.


Masuri SN
[1927 - 2005]

9 Comments:

At 7:38 am, Blogger Em said...

Hello Awaks...

How you you...

Missy eh?Me linking u boleh tak boleh... Hmm Bolehkan Mr R...hehehhe

 
At 8:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baru nak bilang pasal Em
Dah dia kat sini

 
At 10:12 am, Blogger Em said...

Wee hooo Yoo hoo Ms Crabs hehhee

 
At 10:25 pm, Blogger Summersnail said...

Missy la kan... kalau panggil madam nanti u marah lak... ok.. ok.. lets link.

 
At 11:14 pm, Blogger Em said...

Tembak nanti

wers my rifle ah

Anyways dah link pun ur turn ah

 
At 9:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Pergi Mu Tuan"
Your entry title touches me very deeply...sob, sob...
Makes me want to write a poem...
"Budimu Tuan
halus tak berbandingan"
"Jasamu Tuan,
tinggi tak tercapaikan"
or something like that... lol...
Any other Malay writers here...? ;D

 
At 10:06 am, Blogger Uja said...

Masuri...do we have another one in the midst? I am not sure, and for this am like you - ashamed that often times I am reading and glorifying other literary greats when those at home I ignore...

The day he died someone told me, 'pls pls - do ur docus on the other veteran Malay greats before they all pass on..." . But I am leaving the country soon...and so the dilemma..

Aiya summersnail...now i think I shld just blog abt this then take up ur comment space!

 
At 2:34 pm, Blogger Summersnail said...

dreamer aka 2005 golden point winner, com'on you can write more than that... :P

uja.. good to know there are people like u'all who have Masuri in their minds too.

People like me can just lament and do nothing concrete.

 
At 10:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:}
embarassed, lah...
Me writing in English in all my blogs :p
But 'ya know what, I think I'm inspired to write "Budimu Tuan Dalam Kenang-Kenangan"...
See lah, how...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home