Monday, July 10, 2006

A Working Sunday

At least today I wasn't as feeling lousy as I would expect to feel on a Monday.

My weekend was void as on Saturday I had to do a bit of prep work for an event taking place the following day, Sunday. Some colleagues approached me to be emcee for their ceremony and I accepted, with much hesitation at first. I had a few times turned down this request but finally took it up.

Well it turned out alright, but you know sometimes I can be hard on myself. If there was any new lesson to be learnt is that I need to make an internal commitment to trust myself more and feel worthy of all that the things that come my way.

Another thing is -- I chose not to attend a friend of M's wedding invite yesterday. And I can't say I was comfortable in not going, nor can I say that I look forward to it. You've come to a point in your life where attending weddings is just that that, attendance. I know this is silly, but that's just it is with me. Therefore I really do appreciate the stuff that people do for each other. People like my M who cares about her friends and maintains good siratulrahim.

It's a complete opposite in my case. I may care about my friends but I don't show or demonstrate it enough.

3 Comments:

At 12:20 am, Blogger papayaface said...

wedding...*cough* *cough*

 
At 1:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SOOO using you for future emceeing opportunities! LOL!

Weddings :|
Becoming a wedding planner would be more interesting, I think... lol.

 
At 2:03 pm, Blogger lynn_delysa said...

hello... :)

ur second last para on not gg to weddings.. i felt exactly the way u did too! Last sunday!

And when a friend asked whether i attended the wedding, i could only say "Umm...no" and when i was asked why, all i could answer was, "Er, i duno..?"

I think its a phase. Coz i used to love to go weddings.

Anyways, take care.

PS:the entry on Sermon 232.. INTERESTING!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home