Thursday, October 27, 2005

Headhunted

Got an SMS last night from an ex-colleague.

EC - You interested in a training and quality position
Me - Sounds interesting.. alas wrong timing :p
EC - JT is looking for someone can you contact her at 9XXXXXX can I give her your no
Me - Ok you can give her my no.
EC - Ok

So that was it. I knew this person since 2000, and I have always considered his work to have left a deep impact in my previous workplace. But admiration aside, what struck me is the manner opportunity come to you out of nowhere.

And so today during lunch time I received a call from JT. Though I'm happily employed now, I figured no harm in finding out more information on the current job market especially in a field that is familiar territory. Yes, I still browse through the Appointments every Saturday just to get a semblance of the job market and I find this little exercise useful plus it alerts me of any trends.

The whole conversation centered around my work experience and her enquiring if I'd be interested. We spoke for nearly an hour and I pretty much explained to her why I left my previous workplace. She in turned gave me a brief introduction to the position, not revealing too much as I had indicated to her upfront that I'm not looking. Auww... don't I sound like a professional? Lol! I said why don't she send me the job specs and I assured that I'd have a look at it.

I'm begining to feel sluggish and awful now.

3 Comments:

At 1:07 am, Blogger Uja said...

Aiya bro, should NEVER say you are not interested before hearing the job scope and offer. Tapi takpe, kalau dah jodoh sure jadi kan?

Anyway, JT is also the initial of my ex-boss in the publishing house I used to work for. It is also a 'she'. I seriously hope we are not talking abt the same company. *evil grin*

 
At 3:58 am, Blogger papayaface said...

i agree...should not have say not looking..should have kept your options open...

 
At 4:53 pm, Blogger Summersnail said...

Uja, Papayaface, had this come earlier say, Feb 2005, i would've jumped for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home