Friday, October 21, 2005

Adults in The Toys Section

Broke me fast with some friends at Banquet, Raffles Hospital and followed them to Seiyu Bugis to do some baby stuff shopping. Not mine, but theirs. I've had my fill, with one of those burps, so I figured I tag along as well. With me, after a good dinner, you can get away with almost anything, because that's the time I'd go soft and you can negotiate and while my time away. Lol! But unless you're a parent, when was the last time you've been to the baby section, right?

So while his wife was busy finding and selecting stuff for the baby. Papayaface, pushing chilipadi in the stroller, and I managed to traipse in the toys section. Never been fascinated with toys myself, because I was more a plasticine, marbles and crayons kid, but throughout the time, I thought how wonderful if I could have these toys when I was young. Can't deny a guy may regress to childhood so here goes.


Ok granted this is not a toy. But it was the first thing that struck me. This bib with the mini-retainer at the end bottom - just in case the baby drips food all over the shop has got baby cuteness factor off the cute chart. Even the name, "Super Duper Bib" and that cherubic baby pic is so cool. Tak boleh tahan. My mother told me I was a clean and fastidious kid so I didn't mess around that much. Don't know how true that is, but I'd probably get this for M. Dia kalau makan mesti berkecah... Lol! Sorry ar.


I never had any gruesome-looking toys when I was young. I didn't even have any masks. So come to think of it, is it no wonder kids nowadays grow up to be violent and twisted brats? Lol! But despite this unproven correlation of mine, if I had this as a kid, I'd probably want to show it to all my friends at kindergarten.


I spotted this ATM Machine and I imagined as a kid I will definitely like this a lot. The idea of having to dispense money at your fingertips has got to be one of the most empowering feeling for a kid. I mean if I had that I'd probably use it to purchase all the toys at the mama shop. Currency? What currency? Kids don't need that.


Aha! Something that'd really suit my temperament when I was young and now, still. Doraemon, so cute with that tongue sticking out. Lol! Did you know that Doraemon and Nobita were subconsciously created for the introvert and imaginative child? Maybe this was the last thing in the creators' mind, but why would I look forward to this cartoon after school when other kids my age raved about Transformers - Robots in Disguise? Enough said, I've come to the conclusion that kids who watch Doraemon have better taste. Lol!


Pokemon Air Hockey. I want...


Every kid must have a stuffed animal toy in his or her collection. If you didn't have this chances are you'd end up a criminal. Serious, there is a study on this.


Talking camera. Pretty self-explanatory here and the Powerpuff Girls wouldn't deter me. I'd stay away from the Yoyo though. Something eerie about cartoons with saucer eyes. Are these girls mutant or are they just endowed with superhuman strength? Well with all that strength they certainly can't pull out a house or a sports-car from their pockets, right?


Ok this is not a toy, and it's certainly not for sale. He's papayaface's son. Cute! But I don't know who was happier and more excited in the toys section - him or the adults.

Goodnight!

3 Comments:

At 10:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summersiput

Whenever I bring my kids to e Kids Section in Metro, Kiddy Palace, etc, the most excited person is not my kids but ME!

I would look at the TOYS, belek2 them and go AWWWWWWW, *dulu aku kecik2ni semua tarak*

But again, expensive toys are a NO No for my kids. Can see and play in e stores but cannot bring home.

Jahat kan me?

 
At 12:06 pm, Blogger papayaface said...

lol..i feel like im the Mom bringing 3 kids out to Toys Section hehe...

kite share2 duit beli toys air hockey tu ar..then leh main sama2 lol....

 
At 1:06 am, Blogger Kampung Gal said...

Seeing all those toys makes me wonder if kids nowadays really need them. We don't have all that when we were kids, and we turned out fine right?

I used 'we' here, I assume that you and me were from the same era. Am I right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home