Sunday, October 02, 2005

How Summersnail Settled An Afternoon Score

I was at the Woodlands library this afternoon to do some project work which I have been procrastinating for sometime now. I told myself that I'd stay there for an hour to do, at least, the groundwork or the overall view, but it was such a difficult birth of ideas. The situational paradox of it all was that I was completely surrounded by books and a sea of multimedia resources. Yet, what an utter waste, all that. Useless! That absurdity reminded me of Coleridge's line of "Water, water, everywhere, / Nor any drop to drink."

Right, I'm not one to bemoan my fix. And I'm seldom bothered by a writer's dry funk either. It'll come again. But no time now, I thought. So I got out of that cold and uninspiring place at about 1.15pm and quickly got in a taxi.

Rush rush.. M was waiting for me at City Hall. I called in and told her to meet me at The Esplanade instead. In the taxi I squirmed all the way as the driver was excrutiatingly slow and when I finally got there, M and I had to make a quick hustle to the entrance. Lol, in our effort not to be deemed as latecomers and therefore offend the snobs :P I unknowingly left her trailing behind me. Oops.. but M looked really good running in her new pair of heels. Lol! When we we got to our seats I joked all that hustling was good for her heart! Anyways we were just in time for the 2pm matinee of Stomp.



What can I say... it was 2 solid hours of theatre and rhythm. No words, no melody only pure, uninhibited, graceful, sometimes primal, but mostly edgy and all too human movement of bodies, objects, sounds and even abstract of ideas.



The audience response was surprisingly warm considering how uptight and anal Singaporeans can be. But kudos to the performers for drawing audience participation with such panache and sincerity.

Right... I had such a good time today. Had lunch, and much later, met up with some friends of mine at Boat Quay. We chatted over lattes and whatnots, and I took out my Fujitsu and began to warm up and get that writer's groove to finally settle that BITCH of an afternoon score by putting in some satisfying content for my website project. So there you go.

All that was to expect from the evening was the 960 bus ride home. In the bus, approaching her bus top, M said some stuff that were so uncharacteristic of her but I totally relished them.

2 Comments:

At 1:26 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lot of my friends had great fun watching Stomp

How I envy them.....

Haiz, now I can only buy tickets from Sistic for my kiddos.... will buy Barney soon....
Watch with my family of 4...

The crowd lagik happening.. Mak bapak anak semua angkat kaki and joget2 with Barney. Ada yg anak takde paper, mak bapak yg gelek lebih.. But fun tau.. Hehehehe

Don play-play hor!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home