Sunday, September 18, 2005

My Private Space

Didn't do much today except that I attended the launch of the Ramadan Challenge. This is a series of events organised by the various volunteer groups within the community in the efforts to bring-in the youth and people in general to celebrate the spirit and meaning of the upcoming fasting month. It really amazes me to see many passionate folks and especially youths giving in some of their time to make things happen. Compare to them I was a cloistered teenager when I was their age.

The only thing that got me going was the fact that I had this capacity to tune into my inner world. In other words. I escape a lot. I imagine a lot. And I dream a lot. Up till now too, I mainly draw my energy from my own internal world of ideas, emotions, and impressions. If I got bored by these, I just do something else. And it is in this continuum that if you asked me to do something crazy I just might do it, because I like a good diversion. After that, it's back to my 'private space' to refuel and reflect. What's your 'private space?'

Anyways the following pictures are actual graffiti works done by some talented youth at the Ramadan Challenge launch. To the artists - I didn't catch your names but if you happen to come across this blog I hope you won't mind my posting them here.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home