Friday, September 09, 2005

Inward-Looking and Godspeed

Just like most people I look forward to Fridays as that allow me to unwind. For me, when the week has been awfully busy, what better way to slide into the unhurried pace of weekend thoughts than to spend a few hours of chill time with friends, right?

Not. Sigh. I guess I don't know them very well or they they think they know me well enough, or I must be a damn good listener. The thing is this - my threshold for silly jokes is up to a certain level. Don't get me wrong, I love every aspect of conversation, humour included and I'm one of the fellas and I guffaw too. But when the jokes start to repeat themselves like a bad record with a particular theme... lol ~ susah la for me to engage further. But how do you tell your buddies to stop and move on to another topic? Hmm.. I don't know, maybe I wasn't in the mood or maybe the virgo in me was way too inward-looking tonight.

I know I'm a true horror in group relations. They say people born under this sign can be witty, articulate, charming, and 'lives of the party', but they usually fuck it up by hiding their emotions. That was what I did tonight - I just laughed along with the fellas. Anyways I love my friends. What are you without them, right?

p.s. Seeing how 'off-colour' I was tonight a friend whipped this up in-front of me. Fatigue - gone. Get it? Hey, I'm not one to dismiss new stuff, and I doubt my body needs these. Nevertheless I shall try them because he was so earnest in assessment. Lol~

Gotta wake up early tomorrow morning as I'm sending off my nephew (who's just completed his poly) to do his BMT. I hope he finds his Tekong BMT and NS a fun, challenging and character-building phase in his life - just like how I experienced it eons ago. I was, back then, an "Air-level" recruit who got by with some indelible memories and it was my pleasure sharing them with you. But the year is 2005, September and it's your turn now dude! Good luck, Godspeed, and all the best!

1 Comments:

At 12:16 pm, Blogger papayaface said...

very interesting on your friends...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home