Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Face of a Racist


Gan, 17, was convicted on two counts of sedition for posting racist slurs against Malays on his blog. -- WONG KWAI CHOW

You now I'm always curious as to how does a racist look like. And I'm not referring to the typical hooded KKK look or Nazi aryanist. So when the Straits Times Interactive posted this pic I was like urgh... fugly, then again racism is always that, Ugly.

I remember seeing pictures of JI members in the ST and was shocked to see such malice harboured within individuals whom you typically see day in day out around you. That episode simply shattered my notion of docile-looking *pakciks. Lol. It turned out all of them were potential killers silently brooding among us. Not a funny matter.

Now, seeing Gan's picture has a lesser shock-value but it still piqued my interest, somewhat. After all he's so young, and all that hatred. Goodness gracious. And just like the JI pics -- I imagine Gan silently brooding in hatred, wanting and plotting to exterminate all Malays. What the hell.

But unlike the JIs, I know this fella, physically is harmless shit and I don't think he's the type to carry out his actions. But what he wrote was pure hatred and madness and that alone caused a discomfitting furore, which was enough for the relevant authority to investigate.

You may want to read CNA's article.

Poor fella, habouring such ill will towards the whole Malay community just because of a taxi-refusal incident by a selfish Malay couple. Maybe the family neglected to give the child his medicine, maybe the transport they were in got caught up in traffic, maybe this maybe that... but such deep resentment is really scary, especially when it's not properly addressed. Thank god he had internet access, what if it was a shotgun?

And I'm so surprised this fella actually have Malay friends giving testimonials that portrayed him otherwise. Of course lah... isn't that obvious? He's an introvert, who keeps to himself and is quiet and spends most of his time on the computer, what else could they have said? Clueless lot.

Anyways I hope his life turns out for the better. For what it's worth, this fella could really blow his top. Yes, I've read his blog, [fascinating read actually, lol] and boy he could rant.

[Sigh], I leave you racists, bigots, and terrorists out there with this quote from Buddha.

"Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity."



* Uncle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home