Thursday, August 11, 2005

ISO, Challenger, Panda, la Esperanza

ND is over. So stop it with all the jingoisms on Singapore's achievements. Shoo! And my blog is back to its true blue now.

At about 5pm I thought of going home early today, early here means 6pm sharp but funny how things turn out as I found myself labouring on an ISO report which will be due next week. There is another course assignment which needs a kick-start but that can wait says my irresponsible self.

I made a last minute decision to go to Challenger after work. As I needed to buy something, again I only made up my mind on what to buy when I got there. Challenger, is the upscale version of Sim Lim Square. Unlike Challenger, Sim Lim is the place techies and geeks swear by as they claim to find almost everyting there including their personalities and social life. As for me I only go to SL with a techie geek friend who can patiently explain to me the oddities of PC trivia.

So while browsing the Internet Security section I came across this Panda software. Hmm... I've not seen or heard of this brand and I kinda like what I read on its product info so I there you have it, I made up my mind. All this time I've been using the freeware ZoneAlarm but there are still some rubbish spywares in my notebook. Well I have only myself to blame as my surfing habits can be very wild, I mean, all that stupid sites I go to, aahahah.

And hey you know what? In a few hours time it will be Friday. Then the weekend will come in all its glorious hues and promises. Lol~ I'm being silly here, but yesterday someone from the workplace, from another department, approached me if I could help her department out this Sunday with their event. Now you all know I'm a very nice and obliging person, right.... right? But I had to turn her down because I already made plans.

So there you go... I actually had a valid reason to say no, which can be hard for a newbie like myself to do. But there was no conflict as I told the truth and nothing (The Holy Quran appears here) but the truth. Plus it helps, too, if you have this earnest, innocent look on your face. Lol~

Well, it's too late at night (dah malam bute) to do the samba or rhumba or my 2.4km run, .... but it's certainly not too early for the weekend to be playing La Esperanza in my CD player now. Night.

1 Comments:

At 8:24 pm, Blogger Summersnail said...

hmm... the link given by Anonymous has really some aggressive tracking cookies to the site...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home