Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I'm Not Running Tonight For I Did That At The Workplace

It has been a crazy schedule for me today. I got back and slumped in the sofa without even taking my socks off. Usually I'd pick the papers and catch on with some reading in my bedroom but today the sofa was damn inviting. What happened today? I was organising a lunch time talk at my workplace and the morning really bit me in terms of stress levels. Why? Because I'm new in this events planning schmenning thing, that's why... and wherever there is a new territory the experience, mine anyway is akin to opening my mouth for a dental extract. I would have gone skulking about had it not been for my calm demeanour, but inside I was really praying for the event to go as smoothly as possible.

We've invited the good folks from The Ritz-Carlon, Millenia Singapore to come over and give a talk on organisational culture and customer-focused strategy from the management perspective. I've had the event and program flow to the T, but there were some last minute changes that really put me out of focus. Thank goodness for a colleague of mine who helped to ease the tension with her awesome support.

I know things could have been better, for example, I nearly missed welcoming the Ritz-Carlton folks for they came a tad too early, and we took quite sometime for the multimedia to run. But overall I think it was a good first attempt with no major boo-boo plus the audience, about a hundred plus staff, well most of them anyway, gave the session positive reviews in their feedback. So that ended at 2pm.

After that I was off to some rehearsals for our National Day Observance. Tomorrow will be the last day for us to do the rehearsal and dry-run before the actual event on 5th August. I barely had time to be at my workstation the whole afternoon to do some work and when I did have the chance, I didn't even know where to start. I was too tired, and plus my cough is beginning to creep-in again. I guess tonight's jog will have to be postponed.

2 Comments:

At 10:00 pm, Blogger papayaface said...

ya i think you shld give the jog a miss...by just reading ur post, i can imagine the stress n tired level :)

 
At 11:20 pm, Blogger Summersnail said...

hmm... after Friday I shld be able to resume my run...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home