Sunday, July 24, 2005

Losing It

Not going anywhere, not just yet ...

My old man is recuperating from a cataract operation and that has taken loads of worries off my mind. I can't imagine going through that trouble when I'm old, but when your eyesight starts to fail you I guess operation is the only way to go. I was supposed to send him to the hospital last week but couldn't make it because I woke up late. I was still in the bathroom when they were about to leave the house and when I got back home, there he was, already on his bed, with an eye-patch on his right eye. I came to his side and gave him a foot massage and talked about the operation. I hate it when vulnerability hits you in the face because I just don't know how to act in those circumstances. Thank goodness it was only a minor operation. Not like the time when my elder sister had to go for chemotheraphy - I remembered I totally lost it at her bedside in the hospital.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home