Monday, June 20, 2005

My Cough Mixture Tastes Like Liquified Hacks

... like those mentholated black "Hacks" sweets, you know?

Anyway, a friend sms me this morning to ask if I could be a witness to her divorce proceedings. Her husband has to verbally express the divorce (talak or talaq). Though the technicality of "lafaz" or verbalising the talak is the basic requirement for the divorce to go through, I was unsure if doing so via a '3-way party tele-conference' - which was what my friend requested, would be a wise option.

My cough has not abated since last Saturday despite swigging a botol of African Sea-Coconut cough mixture. Can one get any old-school than this? Ahahaa.. I know my late grandfather was addicted to this stuff but it doesn't seem to work fast enough for me. So before I die from consumption ala poor destitutes in a Victorian novel, I had better visit the doctor tomorrow.

Bought a Laurindo Almeida CD. Go listen to some samples from the link I provide. If you like contemporary numbers done in jazz overtones and with that bossa nova feel, I'm sure you like this master improviser Almeida. Rave or techno insipid enthusiasts please stay away. Your eardrums may not be sufficiently taut for this.

I received another 2 wedding invites for this weekend. What's up with June? Have many people become that unimaginative they figure just like on Valentine's Day, June is THE month for them to tie the knot? Anyway I won't be able to attend as there is this working seminar on Saturday. Seminars are a big turn-off for me and if the speakers aren't engaging, I just might give this a slip. But first I need to establish an alibi with some folks that I did turn up for the seminar.

3 Comments:

At 4:08 pm, Blogger papayaface said...

divorce witness - hmmm - very messy hope you would not get caught in the web or there wouldn't be Spider-Man 3...lol

 
At 7:56 pm, Blogger Summersnail said...

I want to help out, but sometimes it's hard to say no because she has been thru' a lot.

 
At 11:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laurindo Almeida is nice . chanced upon his CD at the then Tower records at Pacific Plaza few years bac.
I agree divorce is messy and totally disagree that it should be over tele-conference,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home