Friday, June 17, 2005

Hello, Friday Night... I Need This Again

I have nothing to do on this Friday night except to feel a tremendous sense of relief that the weekends are just a couple of hours away. That's how appreciative I get after a busy week.

Here I am - just stepped out of the shower, and I'd like to think all the stress has been washed away.... Kind of reminded me when I was at Lombok island-hopping and snorkelling. I need this again.



Though I've gone through some dirt-cheap travels and enjoyed them tremendously, I've yet to do any real backpacking. Sad isn't it? And though I'm the type who probably like things scheduled and in-placed especially at work, when it comes to traveling I'm a complete antithesis.

Indonesia and S.E.A is such an expanse of land and culture. It's the Nusantara for goodness sake! If I could spend some time in Sumbawa & Komodo and places in Kalimantan, Makassar, maybe or even Bugis, just to experience a tiny bit how my favourite literary sea-characters Marlow and Jim in the novels of Joseph Conrad feel when they were in this strange and exotic region called the Malay archipelago.

I know I'm asking too much, but you only have one life made good.

4 Comments:

At 12:43 pm, Blogger papayaface said...

hey bro, my wife give the go ahead...u wanna back pack..u n me holding hands by the beach...lol but really serious backpacking...u can help to write abt the places u go...

 
At 6:19 pm, Blogger Summersnail said...

lol~ this is serious... it's like one of the few things i'd want to experience b4 i get any older...

 
At 7:23 pm, Blogger papayaface said...

really backpack let's do it...discuss with missus and she is ok for the 2 of us...M maybe the next time when we include the partners...hehe

 
At 9:41 pm, Blogger Summersnail said...

We'll discuss!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home