Monday, June 06, 2005

Ferdinand Sor and Desperate Housewife

Desperate Housewife is the only thing I look forward to on Monday nights . After that I'm back in my room to play a few scales or studies on the guitar for tomorrow's lesson. I've been attending classes since Oct 2003 at Yamaha and I think I've made good progress. It is not my intention to take up ABRSM, Trinity or anything like that you know, my main impetus & motivation is to play decently some of the wonderful guitar pieces I have heard from Sor, Tarrega, Bach, Carulli or Aguado.

I just might stop the lessons altogether since I am now able to read notations and also, guitar scores are pretty much accessible nowadays. The other reason for taking up the instrument was that I have always been inclined to the guitar, especially classical sounds. And I think my lessons thus far has so much given me a headstart and a solid foundation of appreciation - good enough for me to begin my own journey.

I don't know, maybe I go look for another instructor or what, I don't know. Right now I'm looking out for an option of 'structureless' or customised approach in my music lessons. I just want to enjoy learning without the parameters of a classroom you know - as and when, but of course I will still adhere to alloted practice time religiously because there's no short cut to better playing, furthermore I'm not 12 or 14 years old. Is that possible, am I asking for too much? Any guitarists out there?

This month besides the Yamaha course syllabus, I'm exploring on my own Ferdinand Sor's Studies for the guitar no.17 in E. It's a beautiful piece and it's one of my favourites by Sor.

Let me try if I could post the mp3 here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home