Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Gems & Bullshits and Learning Vertical

It's been more than a month since I started work at this place. Tomorrow is the external ISO audit for the two departments. The second audit is on Friday. So far so good, I hope things work out well.

So much is at stake. First, it is in the org's blueprint to be ISO certified; what with PS21 in the big picture and secondly, my being specifically hired for quality management, CRM and benchmarking purposes is one of them. A bit stress cause the expectation in my department is high.

Oh yes... some people I met told me that my honeymoon period is over. Really dumbass they all. Why... I never had any honeymoon period to begin with. It's been one thing or the other, learn, learn, observe, do, do! Most virgo men are super on the ball that we actually scare the slackers around us!

Anyways, we've done the internal audit a week ago and found many observations/non-conformances in the two departments and they in turn had given us the commitment to follow-up on those areas of development. We'll just have to see during the actual external audit.

BTW, I'm taking things in my stride... after looking and understanding the work processes and issues in these two departments, I can still hold on strong to my personal mantra / or skeptical outlook (depending on my mood) of "No organisation is perfect - process, structure, technology or people wise". There are bound to be gems and bullshits along the way.

The past month however, has been a continuous learning & tasking experience. Heck! It's not even a learning curve, it's a learning vertical.

If I fall, I fall. Not afraid to fail.

3 Comments:

At 10:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u will not fall trust me sorry it's actually I trust you not to fall...

 
At 8:09 pm, Blogger Summersnail said...

hmm... sometimes I can't help feeling that problem lurks in the corners to spring on me when I least expect it.. I hate it when that happens and I'd go, geez, how come I didn't see that coming? Which is why if I failed, I know that I've tried my best and not be so hard on myself...

 
At 11:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

take one step at a time - u noe the number to call if u need it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home