Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sunday and Laundry

I was waiting for my shirts to tumbledry in the washing machine .... and I thought of entering this. Really, summersnail....

Thank goodness M and I had fun yesterday, so that somewhat made up for this crappy Sunday night.

M suggested we go Ambrosia Cafe at Baghdad Street or is it Arab Street? We got there but the place was already packed. The staff however offered to call me should there be a table. How nice I thought. He told us it'd take 20 to 30 minutes. I looked in, there was a group of guys lounging around like comfortable idiots, taking up valuable table spaces that could have generated good money from true diners like us. 20 to 30 minutes? I wasn't that confident.

But it was a good Saturday and my phone did ring after about 30 minutes.

The food was average but the place was nice, that's right - until the waiter started the blender to prepare some drinks, the whole place did reverberate with the sounds of crushed ice. I half wanted to tell the staff to do their blending at the far end of the galaxy, but I didn't want to spoil the mood or be a critical tight-ass or have my Marakesh chicken wings spitted on behind the kitchen doors.

After dinner it was off to see Amityville Horror at Prince. Who goes to Prince nowadays right? Anyways Amityville was kind of ok. Too bad I wasn't paying much attention. ; )

We took 960 back home, bliss...

So what's good on telly on Sunday night?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home