Saturday, May 07, 2005

Massage My Temples

One of the things in my life that will never change - my preference for haircuts at Indian barbershops. I regularly patronise one at Marsiling area.

Everytime my barber touches my skull, especially the temple area (ahaha) I just feel a rush of ayurvedic energies coming off those Indian fingers.

In this place you can hear the air-con purr and smell the jasmine incense wafting through. See the Ganesh display on top or the old school grooming products on the counter? Haha cool, I really like this place. That's me busy taking pics while waiting for my turn.

My friends thought it weird and laughable that I go to such places as they always see me as quite the fussy and critical type and someone incapable of subjecting himself to such old school grooming methods. I find their stance equally amusing.

I just don't see why you need to spent 30 to 40 dollars for a haircut and still look ordinary, you know. Most of my guy friends are like that. They either end up looking like a complete 'failure' or they have waaaay too much 'going on' up there just to make the hairstyle coherently coiffed.

To all my male friends - Go for the experience and for a change, resist going to those insipid haircut joints especially the ones which have bad-ass eunuchs fronting their reception area.

And if you don't like the barber's work, you can always revert back to the scores of hundreds of hairstylists out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home