Sunday, April 24, 2005

This Is For

One of the main reasons I left TT was because I just can't envision myself hitting 40 years old and still work in a darn call center. I need to get out of that place pronto. I joined TT since 2000 and up to 2004, I believed I have maxed-up my stay in that industry by learning and practising all there was to know in my line of work. Plus things did not look good as there was a dearth of good mentors in TT that were relevant to my field, so I pratically had no one to look up to and learn more about my work scope and how I could contribute beyond. It's a long story, but it's not an excuse. I did what I had to do.

So late January this year I answered an ad to work for a public sector. Some people thought it was career suicide, others thought if the benefits and pay were good - go for it! For me it is the "Job Satisfaction." Now I know, I know, that is corny, but really, all this time I never thought that this phase in my working life would kick in.

I regard this as a career-transition and I'm happy to have found it before I'm too decrepit and unmotivated. It's not easy deciding to leave your comfort zone; and now that the weeks leading to my last days at TT are over, I can truly appreciate friends who have left TT to expand and pursue their goals in life. So this entry is dedicated to Ann, Chris, Ade, Elliot and Qi - former colleagues who have inspired me to act.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home