Monday, March 28, 2005

Resignation and Sea Longings

The above, done.

I stood on a hilly road cliff and took this picture. Looking at the Straits of Lombok and beyond that, Bali sea. Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno and Gili Air simply beckon you. Whether gazing from high cliffs or standing on a beach, is it no wonder many writers are rapt on the margin between welcoming earth and implacable water?



Another reason for taking this break was to mull over my thoughts of quitting. Plus I am not one to turn down any opportunity in the sun, clear waters and sand.

I'm so glad I packed that Deuter of mine because by the time I came back home, I've never in my recollection felt this rejuvenated or sure before . I told my boss of my decision to leave the company this afternoon.

Sail forth - steer for the deep waters only,
Reckless O Soul,

- Walt Whitman from 'A Passage to India'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home