Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Phone Calls You Don't Ignore

Yesterday I got an unexpected call from the magazine editor but I didn't have the chance to take it. My phone was on silent. A general rule-of-thumb when ignoring calls is that you can brush off your friends' but never, ever your editor's. Especially if you still owe her a story line for the next magazine issue.

Thank goodness I already had something in mind so I just had to pitch the story and angle over the phone. She listened, gave her clever take and so that was it. My next article deadline will be on the 18 March.

After that she followed-up by sending the previous article I wrote in soft-copy. Looks really good and I have to thank some friends who gave up their time answering some questions and issues I happen to include in the article. I will try to put a link to this article once I find the best method. I wish I have the guts to do full-time writing.

3 Comments:

At 6:00 pm, Blogger modgurl said...

Interesting... Never met anyone who works for a magazine before. What magazine is that? Tried writing for a magazine but the end product didn't come out right. Writer's block when I least expect it.

 
At 5:16 pm, Blogger Summersnail said...

eh how come this comment doesnt show up?

 
At 5:17 pm, Blogger Summersnail said...

eh how come this comment doesnt show up?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home