Thursday, February 10, 2005

From Ubin to Queen's Close to Clementi to Woodlands

Many relatives and friends came by. It was mighty nice of them to do so considering that one has to get to Changi Point Jetty and take the boat (I won't call it a ferry) and upon reaching Ubin, either walk or take the mini-bus to get to the destination. Or if you're up to it - rent a bicycle.

Anyway, I cannot recall the last time I was there. Too long ago. That place really gave me so much fond memories. I didn't grow up there, but when I was in primary school I sure did spend much of my holidays roaming Ubin with my cousin.

This used to be my playground. Front view of my late-grandparents' kampung house. It's really lovely. You got to see and experience it for yourself and have a glimpse of what kampung life and all its wonderful cliches are about.

My nephews and nieces having a go at the ice-kacang machine. Right... when I was their age I was probably running bare-footed, screaming my head off in the rubber tree plantation. That, or ruining my late grandfather's Raleigh bicycle by cycling on off-road tracks.

I was really amused upon seeing this setup under the mangoesteen tree. Don't know who put it up there and I'm not questioning. Some of my nephews and nieces on the steps leading to the main hall. You can see and gauge their age bracket from this pic. God I'm old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home