Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Kaka Snack Strikes Back

A colleague surprised me yesterday morning by giving this snack I used to eat when I was in primary school. My oh my, I thought this snack had altogether disappeared but it made a comeback in Tampines. Anyways looking at the packaging itself brought fond memories of my schooling days. And no wonder I was so skinny - I ate too much of these!

If Kaka had a frequency card for kids back then.

Come to think of it, this snack survives but not my old school. Permaisura Primary is defunct. The building is still there but its now a part of New Town Primary School. And no there weren't any little toys inside this Kaka. Time has changed. I used covet the little toys in them. Even my colleague was a fan. Well this assured me that I did lead a normal childhood.

Kids nowadays spent a fortune at McDonald's or Burger King to get movie tie-in merchandise. If only they had a frequency card for loyal Kakaist like me and my colleague.

9 Comments:

At 4:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With the new technology edge, one can search for 'old stuff'. I was searching for information on my old primary school 'Permaisura' and came to your website. Hmmm... fancy coming across people from this old school. I have a feeling you arent the pioneers from that school as I am. Your photo looks like a younger guy. Jackie

 
At 5:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kaka kaka lol... isn't it ironic how kaka got it's name? makan kaka sure happy.. eh you're from permaisura??? me too!! remember ruby, topaz, sapphire and jade? which year did you graduate?

 
At 11:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was from class '86..
We the children of this school..
Permaisura is its name...
Children so happy bold and free..
.... heh heh heh..

Cikgu Khamis, Cikgu Samsuri, Cikgu Azizah...

 
At 11:10 am, Blogger Summersnail said...

Jackie, alfalaq, i left Permaisura '84, I think... Lol! I was in the sapphire house.

Anonymous, you still remember your cikgus huh? Lol!... Cikgu Khamis sounds familiar...

 
At 5:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My God, fancy finding so many Permaisurians talking about the good o'days!!!

I'm from class 86 too...which class were you in?? Who was your form teacher?

I was in P6(1)...form teacher was Mrs Irene Chan...

 
At 12:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so summersnail, you are in sapphire, sure in the morning session,1984 , means you were born 1972. You remember Radilla, oh my I forgot some of their names. I left permai in 1986(supposedly) but repeat 1987. i'm in the other session ruby-topaz..

 
At 11:45 am, Anonymous Ivy said...

hi there! may i know where your friend bought the snack? i'm really looking for it for a party i'm organising. would really appreciate it if you could let me know. you can email me at jabanaka@yahoo.com

 
At 1:23 pm, Blogger Mudwiggle said...

Hello!.. I found your blog after looking for my favourite childhood snack in Singapore!.. I'm a Kiwi but grew up at Seletar!.. Thanks so much for the memories!

 
At 11:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, i was from '86 class too. Don't remember the house names and the school song. If any kind soul has the school song. please email to me at ameermukmin@gmail.com.

Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home