Thursday, December 23, 2004

Get Fingered and Right Hand Development

This afternoon I practiced a couple of lines of Speak Softly Love. Nothing extreme, just to sight read and to familiarize myself with the fingerings. I’m not too fond of that word – fingering. Anyway that took about 20 minutes and then some exercises on Giuliani’s 120 Studies for Right Hand Development. I got this Giuliani book a few months back and I’ve yet to utilize it to the max. What is it?

It’s a set of studies, 120 to be exact, designed to aid in maximum development of the right hand technique. Composed by the master guitarist, Giuliani himself, it constitutes an irreplaceable part of the standard study material for classical guitar, and for decades has been used by professional and erratic students like myself, to varying effect and progress. Dear Readers, please exclude me from this label because I’m erratic only when playing in the classroom.


A Necessary Tyrant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home