Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Bourree and The Movie Phantom

Tonight's lesson was Boureee duo for guitar by J. Krieger. The instructor took pains to get us go by the correct beat. I think our performance overwhelmed him, as I've never seen him irked so much. I really could see Christmas glazed in his eyes, seeing us plucking and fretting like beginners. We're jokers are in Yamaha Grade 8, but after the first few plays, we stopped. The instructor himself didn't dare to call for an encore – we might call his bluff.

Anyway he reminded us on the beat again, drew something on the whiteboard and left the room for a few minutes, but not before telling us to practice the music. When he returned, we played slightly better.


The lesson progressed and he handed each a new score sheet – Speak Softly Love by Nino / Kusik. And as usual he ended the lesson by playing the new music, pointed out the key signature and some of the passages to take note. After that he announced with an almost contained mirth, “There is no lesson next week,” and added, “I see you in 2005.”

On my way back, I called my girlfriend and I literally walked and yakked all the way from Yamaha Sun Plaza to Sembawang MRT, in the train and to Woodlands MRT and to the letterboxes at my block void deck.

We were discussing what movie to watch this Sunday. She wanted to see Phantom of the Opera. I’m totally averse to that kind of shit. Chicago I don't mind, but Phantom?

I said I’d probably ended up not paying attention and be doing something else in the darkness of the theatre instead. She laughed. “Ok lah..” She said let’s watch something that both would enjoy. Hmm.. we have till Sunday to come up with a suitable movie.

Who do I like? Disfigured, Pyschotic man or Murderess Sluts going He had it comin' He had it comin'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home