Thursday, December 23, 2004

Noah's Ark and Hollywood Morons

I watched Noah’s Ark on Channel I at about 9pm. It was rather entertaining, the part where the storm and rains come and as the animals and believers entered the ark; while the latter being ridiculed and chastised by others. 20 minutes after that scene I simply lost interest and switched channel. You can always count on Hollywood to turn on the phony schmaltz.

This is a groan a minute re-telling of the Bible, and I don’t even read the Book. Well okay, a little tiny bit. It’s just that back in uni I did a couple of chapters reading for a Literature module, and what I saw in the movie was hardly what I read back then.


At some points of the movie were crass comedy and Lot being portrayed like a Pirate. Utter rubbish! My oh my. So this is true after all, most Americans, especially the producers in the movie industries are a bunch of morons trying to make sense of the Bible by appealing to the masses.

Look at Disney’s Prince of Egypt. The whole aura of the Egyptian civilisation and approach to building the pyramids has been hijacked by a particular American angle to suit popular taste. Asians in general have no taste, we actually belong in totality to Pax Americana. The only taste we have are for for civet cats, ginseng tea, Tongkat Ali and tiger penises. Anyways, not many Producers or Directors tell it with respect and intelligence. Gibson's The Passion was such a rare and astounding example.

Please don't eat me. I'm a racoon! I taste bad for god's sake!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home