Saturday, April 16, 2005

If You Ever Left Your Workplace, This Is How a Farewell Dinner Should Be ...

Last night at tCC was really fun with almost all my fav peeps gathered to 'see me off' TT. The food and drinks were ok but the company was better. Well I can't say much about them you know because how do you start to even express your thanks to persons who have contributed to your well being both as a colleague and a friend? I just can't. I got too much mixed feelings yesterday and I was disquietly subdued.

The afternoon was spent with aimless surfing. At about 5pm though, I received 2 separate calls from sites in KL. They were from Mala and Michelle Ann. Thanks and keep up the awesome work ladies. Just before doing my farewell rounds at SPC, Ed and I did our goodbyes. Juls would me meet at tCC so he reserved his goodbyes for later. I sent out a final email of thanks to some peeps, switched off my PC and logged off from the phone. And then it was off to the restaurant with Noor, Rizal and Yusmi.

While we were on our way Qi called up to say she was too ill to come. That's OK sis. I got there to find Elliot, Juls, Miche, Teresa and Jason already making themselves comfortable. If I may, the ambience was 'damn relak one corner.' The rest started to arrive. Chris, Maureen and her daughter, Ann and her BF, Cliff and Jean. Sharon came rather late. But I was glad she made it coz I felt I had to come clean with her for keeing my resignation a secret.

The group gave me a card with some pretty serious heartfelt messages and a scroll displaying old photos of the gang. Awesome. Too cool, too cool. At one stage I was standing there in the restaurant reading the messages and I nearly wanted to bawl.

Nearing midnight and the group dwindled to Miche, Maureen & her daughter, Sharon, Juls, Cliff and Jean. The conversation or should I say 'toking cock' however remained till 1am? or 1am 'ish'? I can't remember.

So this is it folks. Thank you. Friends forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home