Thursday, April 14, 2005

A Bagful of Personal Belongings

It has been a relaxing day, sort of. Those whom I'm not close with at the workplace started to come forward and ask if there was any truth in my going away. One in particular, came by while I was busy emptying my drawer. You see I have this built-in aloof trait most people dismiss as arrogance or unfriendly or cold or whatever - so it takes a curious incident of emptying one's drawer to start the conversation. I said yes but in my mind I was like – ahuh, anytime you happen to pass my cubicle, I’ll appreciate it. I know I can be so fussy, but that guy can really talk louder that a TV commercial.

In the morning I received an email from a group of colleagues. They request that I be free tomorrow evening. Hmm... they must be planning something behind my back, but as usual there was always someone that 'pecah lobang.' I shan't mention names but let me tell you this group is cute and amiable like that. Gonna miss them dearly.

Then at about noon, an ex-colleague sms me. Dear Ade, thanks for the message. You always manage to put in some precious, encouraging words. Also, another ex-colleague contacted me, this time via email. Yes sister Qi, I like doing things quietly. Especially if it’s my resignation. All the best in your exams.

At four I conducted my last calibration session with some newbies. And maybe I was in such a good ROD mood or what I ended up being rather lenient on their calls. But it was a good thing my replacement voiced out otherwise. So that turned out well as usual – will definitely miss the banter with agents, Team Leaders, seniors, coaches and opinionated dumb-fucks.

At about five it was a desperate rush to stuff all my personal belongings in my haversack. I couldn't imagine having all those stuff accumulated over the years. I hate organising the contents in my drawer, preferring instead to just horde everything in one place, that way I can still have the excuse to use the word rummage you see. Anyways I was in such a rush that I may unknowingly slip in a stapler! Heheh.

The urgency was due to the 8 pm play, Boeing Boeing. Maureen, Ann, Ed and I had dinner at Pastamania at Funan center and that roughly left us about ten minutes to walk to Victoria. So that was it, some quality time-out with friends, I thought. It makes me wonder what tomorrow evening will be like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home