Monday, May 02, 2005

I Don't Understand Fractions

I met up with a former colleague from TeleTech today. We've not met since he left TT in 2002/3? I couldn't recall.

We caught up with stuffs in our lifes and the conversation naturally steered to work-related topic. I was more than happy to give him all the details. He was an easy-going, level-headed and smart person and I'm really glad he's doing well both personal and career wise. I wish nothing but the best for my friends.

Anyways, it's just that when the topic of marriage came up we both laughed it off like a pair of doofus. I know that he is still seeing this Chinese girl he first met at TT so I'm sure he's serious about the relationship. If there was any case of discomfort it happened at one point of the conversation, where he jokingly remarked how 'stress' he gets each time he receives a courtesy call from a friend who informs of his or her impending marriage.

Impending being my choice of word here. Haha.

Dude, I totally understand you. Who says men are in it for sex only? Tsk.. tsk.. tsk.

I think marriage is a 50-50 proposition. Unfortunately, I'm one of those who don't understand fractions that well. Someone slap me quick!

4 Comments:

At 1:07 am, Blogger modgurl said...

Aren't men in it for the sex only? If not, why so nervous when it comes to marriage/commitments/etc? Perhaps men and women are not meant to be together for a lifetime. Men, being a natural hunter, are always looking for new prey.

ps. Perhaps I'm a rarity but I get nervous when conversations lead to "marriage" too. :-)

 
At 11:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally don't agree with you modgurl. It shows that you have trouble understanding men...

 
At 12:27 am, Blogger modgurl said...

Men have trouble understanding women and other men. So does women. Do we understand men and other women like we thought we do? I've always admitted that I don't understand humans in general. Don't need to point out the obvious thank you.

By the way, I respect your privacy but I think being anonymous is so cliche and a bit hypocritical.

 
At 7:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then never say men in general. It would be unfair to those who think otherwise.

In my opinion, it all depends on the individual who initiate the first move. Once you start the ball rolling, it'll never stop. Down the road, when things go wrong, usually the guy is the one to be blamed if based on scientific research. And this mindset has gotta change. Everyone wants to have sex. It can be surprising that some women may think about sex more than men.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home