Saturday, May 28, 2005

Purge

M threw up like 5 times on the way home last night. I was like "what is wrong with this girl?" She made me worried sick. We had to stop a few times just so she could double-bend and retch at the roadside, and many a times too she was really down there, squatting and purging her bowels off the Fish & Co dinner we had at Bugis. I blame the bus for giving her motion sickness. And I blame myself too.

Her plan was to watch Revenge of the Sith, but I was like, "No good seats left, let's have dinner at Fish & Co instead." So there you go, the chain of events that led us to her weak palpitations and her face terribly wan. At one point she had to rest for about 10 minutes while I reminded her to take deep breaths and exhale slowly. She told me about this before but the knowledge didn't register itself that bad in my mind until it happened. So that was it, her heart acting up and I just can't believe how seriously weak she could get.

It was like a quarter to midnight and we were at her doorstep. M unlocked the gates and door to see her father was still awake. He came up front and we exchanged some odd pleasantries (it was more of an explanation on my side) in that late hour. Then I left.

On the way to the roadside there was a taxi that slowed down near the curb just so that I could be near to it, fcuk, they (sorry taxi drivers) always put on the extra service in a desperate bid for your midnight charges. Anyway I walked on.

I had to walk and think. There was so much going-ons in my mind and it was already past midnight, a time when my mind is supposed to go lull and enjoy some quietude. I continued walking towards the old Woodlands Road and unbecoming of a virgo, cut across to the other side by climbing over the divider and waited at the bus stop for 960.

1 Comments:

At 8:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

M - take care of urself
R - that is a start...ehem

 

Post a Comment

<< Home