Thursday, June 02, 2005

Check Out This Link on Ubin

If you noticed I've recently linked to this Pulau Ubin stories site. Why? It's because I always have a close affinity with the island, it's that simple. My late grandparents used to live there and as a kid I spent many school holidays roaming the place. People say Ubin still has its rustic charms, but had they seen and experienced the Ubin I knew in late 1970's - they'd be in for a surprise. Things are different now and much has been changed to make Ubin accessible to the public.

Oh shut the fcuk-up ... yes I'm that old, ahaha.

I pray to God it won't become too 'sanitised'. It is a sanctuary for everybody and therefore the basic amenities - I agree, but not to the extent where it ends up like another East Coast, insipid and with too many sign boards and shelters and tar-roads.

Heavens forbid - I don't ever want to see in-line skaters on Ubin! Shoo! shoo! You stupid, trend-victim urbanites sporting yellow livestrong bands! Half of you don't even know who Lance Armstrong is!

More on this, but goodnight for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home