Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Motherland, Russia

London pulled an upset, beating Paris by 4 votes to host the 2012 Olympics. The final vote by the IOC members was 54 - 50 for London.

Yawn....

I was really in favour of Moscow - well, not that my preference matters. But it's Russia! for crying out loud... I was a wide-eyed, phony English lit student with no original opinion on English writers or even in my essays. But all that changed when I started reading the writings of Nabakov, Chekov, Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky.

So this post is also a tribute to Moscovites and Russia and her landscape and culture.

And if you have the time, read Pale Fire, Lolita, Crime & Punishment or Notes from the Underground.

Or read this!
Ok ok.. I'm feeling a bit fervent now... I hope I'm not freaking my friends out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home