Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Journey He Made

Salam Maal Hijrah...

Maal Hijrah, which is also called Awal Muharam, is an important day for Muslims. Awal means beginning in English and Muharam is the first month of Muslim calendar.

The start of Muslim calendar year, Muharam coincides with Prophet Muhammad's journey from Mecca to Medina on the first Muharam in 622 A.D.

Hence, the meaning of Maal Hijrah in English is migration. Symbolically, Maal Hijrah also means changes the individual makes for the better and can be said as starting point to evaluate the inner-self for the road ahead.

I've yet to make any significant journeys in my life. At this stage all my inner paths point to nowhere. Maybe I'm blind and that the journey has already begun and that I'm merely over-analysing it.

You can say there is that spiritual compass in me that I try to maintain but sometimes I do get diverted big time. Never have I felt so weak in my life during those moments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home