Sunday, December 03, 2006

OETI

If you stick it in long enough you'll get over it. Lol! All I wanted was to complete my NS and Reservist liability with no fuss, no accidents and no drama. Thank God that happen.

I'm no longer required to do reservist trainings and all that dawned upon me when my unit sent me a letter saying that I will be posted out from 1GSMB to MR [AGE GRP] RPC with effect from blah blah blah. I got a couple of SMSs from some reservist buddies about the letter and we all agreed that that was it, you know - GAME OVER. Haha.. The significance of that didn't really go down in me until two weeks ago I took a long lunch just to collect a token of appreciation the unit gave each of us. There was a ceremony held earlier on just for my cohorts but I chose not to attend. The unit clerk called me and I told him I'd think about it.

Anyways this was what we got - a box set containing a Hamilton watch, a pin, a medal and a certificate. Sigh... there goes another chapter in my life. I still can remember vividly the first day, fresh from Tekong, I got into OETI, Ayer Rajah Camp to be trained as a vehicle mechanic. Those who were trained there and happen to stumble upon this blog may well know the less desired acronym for OETI. I'm not gonna type it in here. Lol!

It was then to Gloucester Camp for a brief period then to Changi Camp, where I finished off the remains of my NS life. Oh my goodness! That was another complete riot, colourful, fun, and bittersweet period in my life. We didn't have blogspot back then. Haha. So I think I shall blog about that whenever it pleases me to do so.

2 Comments:

At 9:30 am, Blogger papayaface said...

yes another chapter i have not even started but its ok I am only 21 kan...

 
At 10:12 pm, Blogger Summersnail said...

lol! if you mentioned that when we were back in TT days in 2000 I'd believe you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home