Wednesday, September 06, 2006

What I Do

I've never walked so much in a single afternoon, and I can safely say the same for the majority of us who went for the familiarising session on the various key places at Changi Airport Terminal 1 and 2 and the VIP lounge. Preparation and briefings for the S2006 IMF/World Bank Group have been intense.

The main role of the Delegation Liaison Officer [DLO] is to attend to and cater to the needs of the VIP that he/she is assigned to. It commences at the point of arrival until the point of departure. Just make everything seemless and adhere to the SOPs. Lol! That's my understanding.

Is it just me? Or do the other officers from other ministries and stat boards feel the same as I do? I find my involvement in the S2006 a good diversion from my present work. Haha.. And some of you bloggers have been asking what I do for a living and I responded - Organisational Development [OD] stuff. To be more specific, the unit I'm in is in the business of strengthening the organisation via OD frameworks such as ISO, People's Developer, SQC, Business Improvement, Ideas & Innovation, Service Excellence and etc. We put in a hollistic approach of systems, people, policies, culture and add a dash of living, learning and caring strategic objectives in the things we do. Hehe..

Needless to say I shan't mention where I work because it'd be too complicated with all that blogging ethics and sensitivities civil servants like myself have to observe la katakan. Kalau tidak mampos aku nanti.

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini is a devastating and painfully honest and tender story that I've read in recent months. It reminded me of the same internal silence and inspired reaction when I finished reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel. Sheesh... Wonderful stuff!

Folks, go grab a good fiction and uplift your spirits!


1 book down, 2 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home