Sunday, April 16, 2006

I Just Pimped My Daughters

There is so much write-up on who's who in the GE and how SM fielded questions [admirably or not; depends on how you look at it] from a bunch of young voters. Same story. Same old record. Yawn.

But the news, which derailed me from all that election buzz was the sordid story of incest.

There was this monster who raped his own daughters -- with help from his wives. I have to admit I was really uncomfortable reading that story in the Straits Times, especially so when it reported how the monster subverted parts of the Quran to justify incest.

Equally shocking too when I read how the monster's wives played pimp by cajoling their daughters to heinous acts. Motherfuc@@s! These people ought to be shot!

Remember some years ago there was this phony religious teacher who had many wives, one of them was a polytechnic student? Apparently many still find sharing a husband acceptable. I know I'm threading a delicate line here what with the Quran says that a Muslim man is allowed to have four wives at the same time and I certainly know the social context, history and implications when such a dictum falls in place during the Prophet's time and era.

I just find it hard to find any polygamous marriages that I respect these days.

Ok ok ... just to clarify things here and do a bit of education for readers because what good of this blog if it fails to do its part to inform, right? Lol! Anyways...

The Quran says, ''marry only one". The context of this phrase is the following verse from Surah Nisa -- "Marry woman of your choice in twos' threes' or fours' but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly, [with them], then only one" [Al-Qur'an 4:3]

Before the Qur'an was revealed, there was no upper limit for polygyny and many men had scores of wives, some even hundreds. The word Harem comes to mind here.

Islam put an upper limit of four wives. Islam gives a man permission to marry two, three or four women, only on the condition that he deals with them justly.

In the same chapter i.e. Surah Nisa verse 129 says, "It is very difficult to be just and fair between women". [Al-Qur'an (4:129)]

Therefore polygyny is not a rule but an exception.

Many people are under the misconception that it is compulsory for a Muslim man to marry more than one wife, and sadly that monster's story only perpetuates this.

3 Comments:

At 8:53 pm, Blogger Em said...

Salaams & Olas

I read the report on Fri..I was just horrified..He twisted the words of the Holy Quran to suit his means and wants Masyallah...

The bit that truly saddens me were the daughters that HE raped and the FACT the HIS wives THEIR Mothers encouraged and tolerated those perverted acts!

 
At 4:16 am, Blogger mister wan said...

Yes... monster is just the word to describe such a person.

It saddens me that something as disgusting as this could happen within our community at this day and age. And here I thought these things can only happen in rural, backwater villages...

 
At 3:58 pm, Blogger papayaface said...

betol seratus peratus...so morale of the story "Say NO to RAPE!!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home