Wednesday, March 22, 2006

What Caught my Eye

When buying new CDs I can make the best and the worst of purchases. And since musical taste is entirely subjective, I can only hope the bad choice I made will grow on me as I continue to listen. I recently bought 2 CDs. Comfort Music 1 - a compilation of Artistes from label Real Music, the other Walk in the Sun by Jeanette Alexander.

Comfort Music 1 is a beautiful compilation of soothing music from Real Music. Guitars are featured prominently on most of the tracks, but there are also flutes, keyboards, voices, and other instruments. Warm and optimistic, the CD is gently uplifting and provides a nice massage for the mind.

Alas -- this is a classic example where I chose a CD because the cover CD intrigues me. It's a painting of a woman in deep cacoon-like sleep. Next to her sprouts some off-white flowers and in the horizon above her is a ship with full mast sails, but is in perfect stillness! The whole imagery is evocative of that dreamy, new world state with some hint of savagery that I can't quite pin down. And I just love the way the illustrator combines these elements together and allows you to reach to your own ideas. But I guess the music in this CD speaks for itself!

If you want to hear samples of the stuff - Here it is.

3 Comments:

At 10:15 pm, Blogger Em said...

Ola

Cool CD cover.Is the music good!

 
At 10:43 am, Blogger Summersnail said...

Em.. this is good stuff...

and one more thing .. now ure a 'Befriender' eh... well done :P

 
At 10:30 am, Blogger Em said...

Hmm must check it out den.

Ya,I am a Befriender now.Alhamdulilah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home