Friday, February 03, 2006

Leave My Prophet Out of This

Last September the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten published images, caricatures, call it whatever you like, of the Prophet Muhammad. What is so wrong with these folks? Why are they so dark and bent on destroying the goodwill of millions of Muslims all over the world?

It just breaks my heart to see so much ill done on someone who I dearly love, my Saviour.

And as if to demonstrate solidarity and in a calculated move championing freedom of speech cause, papers in Germany, France and Italy began to reprint the images. I'm telling you I'm a great believer in freedom of speech and it's beginning to be a major yawn for me already. But I find it hard to understand why educated people with influence can be so dumb.

If street protestations and angry hue and cry are the reactions the publishers expect from good Muslims, pseudo Muslims, Muslims of every shades and ilk, then they certainly had it coming.

France newspaper Soir published the cartoons under the headline, "Yes, one has the right to caricature God." I can accept this. But dear editors why do it when you know there'd be social unrest like the one in Denmark? Where has commonsense gone to?

So what do we have here? A whole lot of crappy assertions.

The editor asserts, '"Yes, one has the right to caricature God."
The wannabe Osamas assert, "Yes, one has the right to kill western infidels."
The gun-toting villain asserts, "Yes, one has the right to buy weapons."
The misguided martyrs assert, "Yes, one has the right to a bevy of virgins in paradise."
The talented Rushdie asserts, "Yes, one has the right to write Satanic Verses Part 2."

This is tiresome. Ain't it stupid?

Summersnail asserts, "Yes, one has the right to wake up past 8 tomorrow morning."

2 Comments:

At 5:49 am, Blogger Em said...

I so agree wif dis post...Ive been upset over the reports on the issue..

The more I hear read or watch on the damn cartoons..the more it bothers me...

I knw ppl can be venemous and evil but enuf already

Anyway ya u hv the right to wake up past 8 and I have the right to more Glico Pocky

 
At 12:19 am, Blogger Summersnail said...

Hiya Scott, shld these people be punished? Come on already. Your asking that punishment question as if it's the only discourse muslims nowadays can be expected to respond with.

Anyways to answer yr ques. Though I'm displeased with the cartoons my sense of humour is still intact, and so yes I don't think the cartoonists shld be punished.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home