Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Deepthroat


These days going to the doctor means having to consume stuff you never heard of -- just to get well. I didn't know some of them were so pretty-looking like sweets but the appearance can be deceiving as most of them taste horrid. I actually had to lace my water with a bit of sugar to help me gulp these things. I don't know if that's adviseable and I'm such a chicken shit when it comes to these things.

It's strange that my old folks can down a glass of 'ubat periok' [that's traditional medicinal herbs boiled in water] with such ease and here I am gagging at the slightest touch of paracetamol down my throat.

Anyways I'm not too sure why the doctor gave me too much medicine, it's just a common flu damnit! The medical clerk did inform me of what these were for but I guess I wasn't paying much attention. The prospect of getting a 2-day MC was all I wanted to savour at that point of time.

And I was not too happy with the list of medicine too and so I googled them. I love my family doctor you know but I just want to be sure. You all can sue him on my behalf for malpractice if I don't make it ok?

The orange and red capsule is the anti-biotics Amoxil. It is used to treat a range of bacterial infections. These may be infections of the chest (pneumonia), tonsils (tonsillitis), sinuses (sinusitis), urinary and genital tract, skin and fleshy tissues.

The pink one is Dexchlorpheniramine or market name PolaraX. Dexchlorpheniramine is used to treat sneezing, runny nose, itching, watery eyes, hives, rashes, itching, and other symptoms of allergies and the common cold. I think this is the first time I'm having these.

There are two white pills you see in the pic. One is the humble paracetamol and the other I think is an antacid of sorts -- I'm not too sure, plus I'm supposed to chew them.

The last one, the white and blue capsule is Napan -- a mefenamic acid that is commonly used to relive pain particularly associated with menstruation. Yup that's what I got from google unless I'm now too groggy to type or read accurately. Geez... now I'm bleeding?

Whatever it takes to cure me la doctor.

'night.

1 Comments:

At 9:44 am, Blogger Em said...

Salaams

So are you better now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home