Saturday, December 22, 2007

Let Me Take a Step Back to Recall That Moment

I wish I could do more to lighten some of the pregnancy trappings M's been going through. Alas, alas, as a husband I'm only permitted to do so much. And I'm continually amazed me to see her coping bravely with her body changes et al, and all that come along with it. Her bump is still small but in the privacy of our room I can see it clearly. Subhan'Allah.

Actually I'm rather hesitant to pen all this because it's too early, but I don't want to lose the memory of that day when M showed me the kit result at Interlaken. M already suspected it before we left for Rome and had spoken about it. But the aloof me kept the whole episode in check. That blue thingy (below picture) she placed on the bed in the hotel room put me in a whole different mood and I couldn't contain myself any longer. I was so elated -- I think that word should adequately describe my feelings at the time!





And so the first thing we did when we got back home 14 November was to visit a doctor. There were some scares initially as the trip, especially coming back from Rome was tough on her, but Alhamdulillah, nothing serious. M, now into her 13th week is beginning to learn more about her own body and her own limitations and her state of mind, and her husband's worries and resolute.



At Jungfroujoch.

3 Comments:

At 6:42 pm, Blogger papayaface said...

i am sure u enjoy especially when the little one starts kicking and moving abt in the tummy....

 
At 1:21 am, Blogger raimie said...

congrats n happy new year!!!

 
At 12:28 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nearly 3 months to your last entry... hope mummy-to-be is feeling healthy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home